These healthy sweet potato nachos are made on a sheet pan and loaded with black beans, shredded chicken or beef, cheese, sour cream and more!
I don’t know if I’ve ever met someone that didn’t like nachos.
I believe nachos are all about the toppings. Melty cheese and beans and cilantro and jalapeños. AWWWW yea.
And since I don’t have to convince you that nachos are amazing, what am I here for?
To introduce you to loaded sweet potato sheet pan nachos.
Because around here, we love nachos, we love toppings, and we love easy weeknight sheet pan meals.
What We Are Working With
- Sweet potatoes of course! Super simple to make and definitely the perfect base to all the loaded nacho toppings.
- Sheet pan- any large baking sheet you have & lined with parchment paper for easy clean up!
- So many variations of toppings- really all the loaded nacho toppings you can think of!
- You could make this recipe for a sheet pan simple, easy weeknight meal or for a fun party appetizer.
How to Make Sweet Potato Chips
- Slice some sweet potatoes into rounds
- Coat the sweet potatoes with olive oil and place them on a large baking sheet
- Throw them in the oven at 425 degrees for 30 minutes or until crispy
- Now you’ve got your golden sweet potato chips for these nachos!
Just look at that perfect little bite with just the right amount of toppings!
This could be your bite. This could be your time to shine.
And then this is when I warn you about serving size. Because, like, that’s totally up in the air. Like, you may need to make these once before you have a party and then like quadruple the recipe cause just saying…they are gonna go faaaaaaast.
bonus tip: you can easily meal prep these sweet potato rounds the day before, plus all of the toppings and assemble them the next day!
Loaded Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Nachos toppings
- shredded chipotle chicken or barbacoa beef (try my instant pot chipotle adobo chicken) because it would be perfect for this recipe!)
- black beans
- shredded pepper jack cheese (or your favorite! I’ve used parmesan too so you can really use whatever on hand)
- lots of tomatoes and/or salsa
- crunchy romaine lettuce (or try some cabbage too!)
- a mix of lemon or lime juice and sour cream
- tons of cilantro
- and jalapeños of course!
If you loved this loaded sweet potato sheet pan nacho recipe, then I’m sure you’ll enjoy these other recipes too!
Loaded Sheet Pan Sweet Potato Nachos
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/4-1/2 inch rounds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup shredded chipotle chicken or beef barbacoa (optional)
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup jalapeños (I used canned)
- 1-2 cups romaine lettuce or mixed greens chopped
- 1 lime or lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped or several spoonfuls of favorite salsa
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Place the sweet potatoes on two large baking sheets and toss with olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes or until desired crispiness.
Remove sweet potatoes and place them all on one baking sheet. They will have shrunk up in the oven a bit so you’ll just use one baking sheet to load up all the toppings. Add the meat (if using), black beans and shredded cheese and place back in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Remove pan from oven and add jalapeños, lettuce and tomatoes and/or salsa. Combine sour cream and lime juice and pour on top of nachos. Top with cilantro. Other toppings I love: avocado, chipotle hot sauce, roasted peppers and more cheese!